Xenophobic: Enough is enough – FG talks Really tough as South Africans attack Nigerians Over there .

0


– The federal government has reacted to the persistent xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa, stating that “enough is enough” – The govt says it will take definitive measures to ensure the safety and protection of Nigerian citizens – President Buhari will meet his South African counterpart for discussions on the matter in October; but the govt says it’ll take steps to protect Nigerian citizens in the meantime The federal government has reacted to the persistent xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa, stating that “enough is enough”.
Main Local news LOCAL NEWS Xenophobia: Enough is enough – FG talks tough as South Africans attack Nigerians 13 minutes ago 6816 views by Buchi Obichie – The federal government has reacted to the persistent xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa, stating that “enough is enough” – The govt says it will take definitive measures to ensure the safety and protection of Nigerian citizens – President Buhari will meet his South African counterpart for discussions on the matter in October; but the govt says it’ll take steps to protect Nigerian citizens in the meantime The federal government has reacted to the persistent xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa, stating that “enough is enough”. The government, in tweets released on Monday, September 2, stated that “Nigeria will take definitive measures to ensure safety and protection of her citizen notes that the government also pointed out that President Muhammadu Buhari had met with South Africa’s president, Cyril Ramaphosa, on the sidelines of the TICAD7 in Japan, to discuss the situation. The president will hold further discussions with his South African counterpart during a visit to the country in October 2019. The government said it will, however, take further steps to ensure the safety of Nigerian citizens in South Africa, before the October meeting.

It was previously reported that South Africans commenced fresh attacks, looting and burning of businesses and properties belonging to foreigners and in the process killed three people, while another is still receiving treatment for smoke inhalation. The president of the Nigeria Union South Africa (NUSA), Adetola Olubajo, said the attacks began on Sunday, September 1, in Jeppestown area of Johannesburg when a building was set ablaze by an angry mob.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.