We respect your rights to privacy as much as we respect your rights to like Nicolas Cage as an “actor”, under the laws of the country of themp3afriq.com company controlling your personal information. It’s a free country, that country of yours, so the inappropriate underwear is cool – but free your information will not be, Yoda. That’s right, locked down like a pair of finger cuffs; we will manage your stuff the way we are legally supposed to. We comply with all of the requirements under the relevant data protection and privacy legislation because we have to. If you need tips, tricks, general advice, your horoscope or detail on what we are doing with all your secrets, see the “Contacting Us” section below. But remember, if you wanna come to the party, you gotta play by the rules, homie. So by using, visiting or browsing themp3afriq.com service, you accept and agree to our information practices described below. Even the bits you don’t like. We went to a party once where a guy turned up with a bowl of dip, a hose and a large fan. It didn’t end well and many didn’t like it. But we laughed. Oh, we laughed.
. The Information We Collect
When you decide to join the mp3afriq.com party, we will receive and store and collect and hoard information about you. We place it in small electronic boxes. We admire it, but tell no one. From time to time, we peer at the insides of those boxes, before quietly slamming said box shut again. These weird boxes that started as a humorous metaphor then went too far will include information such as:
* Your registration data. Examples may include:
* Your name, email address, and telephone number. You are also free to share vital statistics, theories, computational dilemmas, random thoughts and even sewing tips. But if you do, that’s right, into those boxes they go. We collect this information in a number of ways, including left, right, forward, back, when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service who actually are nicer than they should be, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions; and
* Information collected when you give us reviews or feedback, set preferences on the “Settings” page, or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere. Postcards included.
* Information that falls on our laps automatically, by which we actually mean, autoMAGICally! We collect information on your interactions with us and our extremely effective, and delightful advertising, your use of our stupendous service, glorious applications, sites de la Internets, tools of the non-workshop and moremp3afriq.com service variety, and customer service, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service (such as gaming systems, Atari (hello, 80s children!), smart TVs, dumb TVs mobile devices, immobile devices and set top boxes of the non information storing kind). This information may include:
* What kind of stuff you search, what you select, what you watch, what you ALMOST watched onmp3afriq.com;
* Your interactions with customer service, such as levels of flirtiness, the exact occurrence of said incident with regards to when (date/time) and why (reason for contacting us), transcripts of any chat conversations, rap battles, and if you call us, your phone number;
* Your digital birthmarks, meaning Device IDs or unique identifiers, what device you use and its software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, ad data, IP address and standard web log information, none of which is particularly funny or able to be made interesting;
* Information from your Facebook account: If you choose to sign up and/or share using Facebook, we will obtain information from your social networking account, such as your contact details, gender, and birth date. Anyway…let’s keep going, soldier!
If you don’t give us your personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
* we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard as would make our parents proud or at all, which would be disastrous for your Friday evenings;
* we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special, special promotions;
* we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful, like bad pizza which is still OK but not amazing; or
* Armageddon, starring Bruce Willis.
. How We Use The Information
* identifying, investigating and going ham on potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, from Africa or elsewhere, and enforcing our terms (such as whether you qualify for a free trail or complimentary hugs), which are solely based on our mood and very little else);
* locating where you are – geographically speaking, providing localized content, shoving down recommendations of movies and TV shows down your throats that WE think but don’t know for sure will be enjoyable, determining your Internet service provider and helping us quickly and efficiently respond to enquiries and requests, including for food delivery and sound career advice;
* taking a step back to assess how we’re doing and then improving what needs to be improved, as far as the operations of the service is concerned;
* getting in touch with you through sending of SMSes (non-chargeable), e-mails and e-greetings, push notifications or other correspondence and advertising concerning our service, including newsletters, messages about newmp3afriq.com features,mp3afriq.com special offers,mp3afriq.com change of outfits, promotional stuff and the occasional semi-intrusive surveys. We will also, on and off partner with companies whose products we believe (but can’t be sure of) will be of interest to you and whose philosophies dance in the same circles of magic that ours do. In conjunction with these partners, we may send promotional announcements and/or serve web-based advertisements on their behalf, as permitted by law. Please see the “Your Preferences” section of this policy, yup another section, for information regarding bailing out of marketing emails, destroying uncanned SPAM and push notifications, as well your choices regarding other types of advertising;
* complying with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator or other power ranger, or in cooperation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country, whatever that precisely means).
We may use information on a holistically random or anonymous basis. That basically means your information plus others’ information equals something that doesn’t look like anyone’s but works for everyone. We call it the “information cocktail”. For example, we use consumption behavior, as well as commentary and reviews, on an aggregate or anonymous basis, to give you more relevant recommendations as well as other users. All these information may be used to create an information cocktail for a variety purposes not explicitly set forth in this policy. But it will certainly be delicious.
6. How We Share The Information
* Offers and Promos: Sometimes we get really generous and go on a gifting spree. When this happens, we may give you joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties, which are not parties we prefer on weekends, but sometimes are required. For example, we may partner with companies that offer cool incentives, like frequent flyer miles that allow you to plan adventures in magical foreign lands with exotic names like Puerto Rico or Singapore, or sometimes, less useful incentives like buy-one-free-one root canal. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Basically, if you take part, you agree to our sharing of your information. FYI, the privacy practices of these third party businesses are not on us, which, again, for clarity, are not businesses engaged in the provision of the fun kinda party. Though from time to time, when the sun shines just right, this may in fact be exactly what they do.
* Service Providers: Sometimes we need a helping hand (or two) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the services we’ve promised to give to you. We do so with the help of other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”). For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, massage, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process and limit fraud in connection with credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts with red paint and force (joking!), to analyze and enhance data, because you really can enhance data, people, (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or share your personal information except in connection with providing their services. If they disclose anything outside of that scope, there will be hell to pay.
* Facebook: If you choose to take advantage in a wholesome way of our Facebook sign-up and/or sharing feature, you will be choosing to disclose information as set forth in Section 2 above.
* Stuff you choose to make known to the world: During playtime, you will have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly. Please do so with car and understand that when you post such information it is made public and we are not responsible for any third party’s use of information you publicly disclose through our service, whether in a way that makes you famous or mad.
* Giving access to your account to people: Could be your significant other, could be your pet cat. Either way, if you do decide to share or otherwise allow someone other than you to have access to your account, they will obviously be able to see your information and some secret bits, including in some cases personal information, such as your viewing history, ratings, reviews and account information (including your email address or other information in “Settings”). This remains true even if you use our profiles feature; see the Profiles section of this policy for more deets.
* Lumping everything into one: We may provide analysis of and information from or about our users in the aggregate or otherwise in anonymous form to partners, Service Providers and other third parties. That’s right! This is the information cocktail again. Are we keeping up? Great!
7. Cookies and Internet Advertising
7.1 What are cookies?
Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies. See below for more information and examples.
We and our service providers may use the following types of cookies:
* Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are either high protein, low carb or contain oats, which mean they are not essential, but have some value. In a technical sense, this kind of cookie helps us to personalize and enhance your online experience withmp3afriq.com. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up, which would be really annoying). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors’ use of themp3afriq.com service so that we can, again, enhance that data and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Coordinating conjunctions rule once more. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our service which would suck for everyone. So don’t delete them unless you really want to.
* Biscuits: these are English cookies that bring royal joy. Often eaten as a companion snack to a cup of tea.
8. Your Information And Accessing It
We give you access and the ability to update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information and your communication preferences in the “Settings” portion of our website. You must be signed in to access “Settings.” Which is actually YOUR account. It’s confusing, we know. If you have a question regarding our privacy practices, this policy, or want to exercise your rights regarding your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Platforms and Links
We take the safety of our members very seriously around here. We’d like to provide the same sense of security that an infatuated boyfriend does. So we take every reasonable precautionary measure in the form of administrative, technical, physical and managerial steps to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. For example, we employ large men to stand around and look hard. We have very big padlocks. We have the dogs of war at the ready. We have a very big stick. Our pen is our weapon and it’s mightier than the sword, even if we prefer a sword. We may also utilize Secure Sockets Layering, an industry-standard protocol for certain of your transmissions to us, in order to encrypt certain personal information that you send to us through the registration and sign up process.
But with all that said, please know that no security system is TOTALLY secure. And no man is an army. And therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it. By using our service, including our website and user interfaces, or providing information to us through any means, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of themp3afriq.com service. We would like to also use morse code, but apparently that’s too “hipster”. Whatever to you, Mr. The Man.
As a form of lubrication, in order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer themp3afriq.com service, we implement technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit themp3afriq.com service. You can choose not to take advantage of this feature on your computer by unchecking the box “Remember me on this computer” when you login on the website. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account access information and for restricting access to your computer or device through which you access yourmp3afriq.com account. Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you sell or return a computer ormp3afriq.com-approved device, you should invest the money wisely. You should also make sure you log-out from and deactivate the device before doing so. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information and will not only see all those photos, they may share them with your enemies.
11. Getting In Touch With Us
The Playground, Suite 19.01, Centrepoint North, Mid Valley City, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Attention: Legal Counsel.
And with that, we’re done. Peace out.